A birth certificate is an essential document that serves as proof of a person’s birth, identity, and age. It is required for many legal and administrative purposes, such as applying for a passport, school admission, or government benefits. If you do not have a birth certificate, you can request one from the Municipal Corporation where you were born.
To obtain a birth certificate, you need to write a request letter to the Municipal Corporation, providing details such as your name, date of birth, and parents’ names. You may also need to provide additional documentation, such as proof of identity or address. The Municipal Corporation will then verify your details and issue a birth certificate if everything is in order.
When writing your request letter, it is important to be clear and concise. Make sure you include all the necessary information and follow the correct format. You may also want to provide a reason for why you need the birth certificate and specify any urgency. Keep in mind that the process of obtaining a birth certificate may take some time, so be patient and follow up with the Municipal Corporation if necessary.
The Registrar of Birth & Death
and Health Officer,
Tel. [Contact Number]
Sub.: Application for Birth Certificate of My Child
I am writing to request the issuance of a birth certificate for my child under section 17 of the Registration of Births and Deaths Act 1969. The details of the child are as follows:
(1) Name of the Father (applicant): [Father’s Name], Aadhar no. [Aadhar Number].
(2) Name of the Mother: [Mother’s Name], Aadhar no. [Aadhar Number].
(3) Name of the Child: [Child’s Name], Aadhar no. [Aadhar Number] [Please Affix Child’s Photo]
(4) Child’s Date of Birth: [Date of Birth], Gender: [Gender]
(5) Place of Birth: [Select One – Home/Hospital/Nursing Home] Full Address of Place of Birth: [Address of Place of Birth]
(6) Parent’s Permanent Residence Address: [Permanent Address], Pin: [Pin Code]
(7) Parent’s Present Residence Address: [Present Address], Pin: [Pin Code]
(8) Father’s Telephone Number: [Father’s Contact Number], Email ID: [Father’s Email Address] (9) Father’s Occupation: [Father’s Occupation]
(10) Birth Certificate Delivery: By Post/By Hand [Select One – I will collect the certificate from your office, and the same may not be sent by post]
Enclosed are the following documents:
(1) Identity and address proofs of father, mother, and child.
(2) Hospital certificate for the child’s birth.
I confirm that the information and supporting documents provided are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. I acknowledge that any false information provided may result in legal action. I would appreciate it if my application can be processed promptly, and the birth certificate issued as soon as possible.
Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
Date: [Date of Application]
Place: [Place of Application]
Encl.: As above.